1 cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Mixed berries or other fruit
Ready made thick custard
Jelly of your choice (prepared with some water and set in the fridge to start setting)
- Heat up the oven 180°C/Gas mark 5. Butter and layer with some parchmin a tart baking tin with removable bottom.
- Insert a butterfly whisk into a TM bowl
- Add the eggs and butter to TM bowl (1 minute/Speed 3)
- Lower the Speed to 2 and whilst it's mixing keep adding the flour and baking powder spoon by spoon until all mixed well.
- Bake 20-25minut until golden brown.
- When cooled down, you can spoon out some of the cake from the middle to create a hole for the fruit.
- The way to decorate it it's entirely up to you. created the layers of custard, cream fruit, jelly, custard, cream, fruit, etc...
- You can sprinkle the top with some roasted pistachios nuts or dust with some icing sugar.