1 small cucumber
175g natural yogurt
1/4 tsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
10-12 black peppercorns
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Peel the cucumber and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Add the cumin seeds and peppercorns to the TM bowl, roast them for 3-5 minutes/Varoma Temperature/ Speed 1 until they release their aroma, then switch off and leave for few minutes to cool. Grind for 2-3 seconds on Speed 10 (with the TM cup on!)
3. Reserve 1/4 of the spices mixture and to the rest add the yogurt, salt and sugar. Mix together for 10-15 seconds / Speed Spoon
4. Add the cucumber, mix together for 10-15 seconds / Speed Spoon/ Reverse Blades.
5. Transfer the Raita into a serving dish and sprinkle with the reserved toasted spices and the paprika.