30g fresh ground coffee
170g caster sugar
250g butter, soften
1 shot glass of vodka or liqueur (clear not creamy, coffee or vanilla flavour, i.e. 'Amaretto Disaronno')
1. Pour 8 tbsp boiling water over the coffee and let it brew. The coffee extract should be strong and smell like roasted coffee. If you need to, you can add a teaspoon or two of an instant coffee. Set aside to cool down.
2. Put the plug into the sink hole and pour some cold water into it.
3. Beat the eggs with sugar in a non-metallic bowl over the pan with simmering water, until pale and smooth. Make sure all the sugar has dissolved. For this dip the tip of a wooden spoon into the mixture, take it out and run your finger over the coating. You should not feel any sugar granules. Still mixing put the bowl into the cold water bath in the sink (make sure it's not too much, so it doesn't get into the bowl). Continue to mix with the whisk until cools down slightly. Leave it there to cool completely.
3. Weigh in the butter into a TM bowl, mix it 20 seconds/Speed 3 until smooth
4. Insert the Butterfly Whisk. Add the egg mixture. Mix together on Speed 3 for about 1 minute. When combined, add the coffee and alcohol. Mix all together on Speed 3 until combined (about another 1 minute).
The mixture should be light beige in colour.